The lymphatic system is the tissues and organs that help produce and store cells that help your body fight infection and diseases. It is a system made up of glands, lymph nodes, the spleen, thymus gland, tonsils, and even the appendix and bone marrow.
Lymph is a fluid that contains infection-fighting white blood cells. Your lymphatic system main function is to carry lymph throughout the body, where it will be filtered inside your lymph nodes. There are many lymph nodes in your body. There are some located in your lungs, heart, under your arms, and groin.
The improper drainage of the lymphatic system results in an impaired immune system, and even developing tumors in the lymph nodes. Even though you exercise your body daily, you also need to exercise your lymphatic system by helping it drain properly. Keeping your lymphatic system in great shape is necessary for optimal health.
WHY SHOULD YOU DETOXIFY YOUR LYMPHATIC SYSTEM?
- You probably know by now that we are exposed to a ton of toxins daily, to be more specific over 82 000 different toxins.
- When toxins build up and if we don’t detox our system regularly, our organs become overburdened which compromises our overall health.
- This is where the lymphatic system comes into play.
- The lymphatic system cleanses the fluid that surrounds the cells in your body by removing impurities and waste products.
- This helps cells in the body to function properly.
- An unhealthy lymphatic system can lead to serious health problems such as fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, obesity, aches, and pains, bloating and problems with digestion.